Re: The HTTP Origin Header (draft-abarth-origin)

tor 2009-06-25 klockan 11:29 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> Right -- and that's why we're modifying referer to allow about: blank.

Yes, I got that after sending my response. Didn't notice my mail agent
had jumped back 6 months (thought I was just one month back in the
list...)

> The question I have is whether this makes Referer adequate for the use
> cases that the various W3C WGs have for Origin (assuming that they'll
> place additional requirements on it).

I guess it also needs to extend the browser profile to allow abbreviated
Refererer header values in several cases where the browser sends none
today, such as when switching from https to http.

Regards
Henrik