Re: HTTP/1.1 CONNECT request without Host header

ons 2009-06-17 klockan 10:26 +1200 skrev Adrien de Croy:

> Strictly speaking this is a violation of RFC2616 correct?  I'm sure it
> states all 1.1 messages MUST include a Host header, and a server
> receiving such a message MUST respond with 400.

Correct, but at the same time a very stupid requirement when it comes to
proxy request as proxies also SHOULD discard the Host header...
(request-URI is authoritative, and outgoing request MUST match
request-URI)

I have already voiced my opinion that this no longer needs to be a MUST
requirement, and should be downgraded to a SHOULD (or in case of
requests sent to proxies perhaps even a MAY as it's completely redundant
there).

The MUST requirements has played it's role in getting major acceptance
for the use of Host...

Regards
Henrik