Re: HTTP/1.1 CONNECT request without Host header

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> I recently updated our proxy to reject all HTTP/1.1 messages from clients
> that lack a Host header.
>
> This has been found to break a number of clients which use the CONNECT
> method.

Let me also mention that I remember that back in the days when I wrote my
first CONNECT requests, they were being ignored or not at least not treated
well by many proxies when we did them without Host: header.

I haven't checked this situation in a long time, but I would assume that this
is still at least partly the case. Thus, doing CONNECTs host-less is already
non functional in the real world.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se