Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-06

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> It definitely isn't perfectly reliable, but it is very often good
> enough.

I suppose it is.

I try to make my HTTP applications have results which are predictable
and the same for everyone, so you can build reliable things on top of
them.  Mostly that involves Etags, and hash-encoded URL components
where round trips are better avoided.

I don't like "program/person A sees a different result from
program/person B because of luck of the network", even though I agree
that a lot of applications are good enough that way and it undoubtedly
reduces loads.

-- Jamie