Re: Base for first-byte-pos, last-byte-pos, suffix-length

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> On 17/04/2009, at 4:53 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>> +1 to just removing the language around C-L; DIGIT is unambiguous.
>>
>> +1.
>
> Sounds like you have enough to go on, then (this is an editorial issue).
>
> Cheers,

Apologies for keeping this one open.

I previously agreed that the grammar is precise enough, and that we do
not need to say "decimal" in the prose, and thus can simplify the
language around Content-Length.

However, I also like consistency :-)

We currently have more place where we say "decimal"; should I simplify
those as well?

Max-Forwards, Retry-After:

p2-semantics.xml:   The Max-Forwards value is a decimal integer
indicating the remaining
p2-semantics.xml:   of seconds (in decimal) after the time of the response.
p2-semantics.xml:   Time spans are non-negative decimal integers,
representing time in

Content-Range, Range:

p5-range.xml:   the selected resource as a decimal number. A response
with status code 206 (Partial
p5-range.xml:   positions specified are inclusive. Byte offsets are
decimal and start at zero.
p5-range.xml:   entity-body, of a length given by the decimal
suffix-length value. (That is,

Age:

p6-cache.xml:  Age field-values are non-negative decimal integers,
representing time in seconds.

BR, Julian