Re: [link draft] Changing the model for links

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> But this is a different issue. UA applications use this as an include
> directive, which makes the order matter. The question is, what do
> browsers do with links with rel='stylesheet' and other values they do
> not understand?

They use the style sheet.

A page with, say, <link rel="icon stylesheet" href=...> will use ... as
a stylesheet and a favicon. I don't guarantee that every browser will do
this for every combination of rel types, because this is an area where
bugs are common and testing defficient. But for 'stylesheet' it is pretty
widely implemented correctly, I believe.