Re: [link draft] Changing the model for links

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:01:24 +0200, Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>
wrote:
> Can we somehow concatenate the context and the rel type with some
> syntactic sugar, something like "alternate-stylesheet" or
> "stylesheet(alternate)" - thus preserving a single token as the rel
> value? Any syntax would do here - the key thing being that it's the
> syntax that tells you that one value is context for the other. I guess
> the fact that this doesn't exist in HTML 4 is the biggest obstacle.

You realize "alternate stylesheet" is in deployment already, right? We
cannot change the construct at this point. It does not automatically mean
by the way that in e.g. "search contact" search and contact also have some
relationship. It just means that alternate is special when stylesheet is
present.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/