Re: HTTP over SCTP without chunked encoding

I'm far from an expert in SCTP, but at first glance, this is
potentially attractive, but slightly more intrusive in the HTTP stack,
because it's introducing a new way to frame messages, rather than
reusing exising code to do so.

The current proposals (AIUI) are less intrusive, because at a certain
point a SCTP stream just looks like a TCP connection.

Now, whether this trade-off is worth it or not is an open question, of
course. I think most people are focused on the aspects of SCTP that
relieve the problems experienced with pipelining, and while having a
more efficient framing mechanism is interesting, it's not low-hanging
fruit.

Perhaps this should be an open design question in a HTTP-over-SCTP
draft, to try to get feedback from interested vendors...

Cheers,