any error-free web pages at all? [was: Why Microsoft's authoritative=true won't work and is a bad idea]

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 21:40 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> [...] (It would be interesting to see if anyone could actually
> find a Web page with more than 10kb of total content that is not in any
> way affiliated with the person who found it and that had absolutely no
> errors of any kind. I'm not convinced there are any.)

OK... at the risk of further exposing my ignorance... I'll bite.

Today's featured article in wikipedia is ~32k and I don't
see any errors; the W3C markup service
says "This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!" and
the firefox error console is blank.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Route_32

Then I did a search for "XHTML CSS web design"
and about half the links get an OK from the markup
validator, e.g.
  http://www.oswd.org/
  http://veerle.duoh.com/

I've seen data that puts the number of valid web
pages at 1 in a million or so, but there are billions
of web pages out there, so I don't think error-free
pages are *that* hard to find.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E