Link header field titles (was: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> What is wrong with link *elements* for this purpose,

> One use case is having a collection of HTML documents
> which you do not want to modify but still want to style.

Okay, if browsers really support this, I'm not aware that
one of the browsers I use(d) does (or did).  But I'm lost
why such stylesheets would need an I18N title.

>> do browsers support link titles in the elements, let
>> alone in Link header fields ?

> Yes, it's called the title attribute. Haven't tested the
> feature with Link headers yet, but I think it will work.

ACK, I know the attribute, my question was about titles in
the header field.

>> As far as they support titles in Link header fields,
>> can they handle MIME, and if not why not ?

> I don't understand this question.

Will Link: ... title*=utf-8''This%20is%20%2A%2A%2Afun%2A
work ?  Adapted from an example in RFC 2231 section 4.

 Frank