Re: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP [i74]

At 18:47 08/03/15, Frank Ellermann wrote:

>Brian Smith wrote:

>> HTML allows anything that doesn't embed spaces.
>
>| <!ATTLIST LINK
>|  %attrs;                     -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
>|  charset %Charset; #IMPLIED  -- char encoding of linked resource --
>|  href    %URI;     #IMPLIED  -- URI for linked resource --
>............^^^
>
>What are you talking about ?  I'm not aware of a DTD
>allowing IRI in this place apart from my homebrewn
>XHTML 1 i18n <http://purl.net/xyzzy/-xhtml1-i18n.dtd>

We have had that discussion before, in another location. The
conclusion is that the HTML DTD allows prety much anything
in attributes such as href, including spaces. The fact
that the entity is named "URI" doesn't mean anything for
an SGML validator. That's the same as trying to force
a variable to be of type "int" by naming it "integer".

Regards,    Martin.