Re: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP

Personally, I am *very* -1 on doing this.

Changing the allowable characters in a protocol element is a *big*
change, and there is not an interoperability gain to doing so.

There is also not a functionality gain; it is possible (if not pretty)
to serialise other characters into HTTP headers.

Furthermore, HTTP headers for the most part don't carry user-visible
data, and when they do, it's often an IRI, for which there is a well-
understood serialisation into header-safe characters.

Before we go too far down this path again, folks should refresh
themselves with the last round of discussion, starting at:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2007JulSep/0323.html

Cheers,