Re: HTML5 vs content type sniffing

Julian Reschke wrote:

> So, please have a look at
>    <http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/http/content-type/sniffing/>
> and supply feedback on the expected results

I don't understand test case 11, I'd expect the same outcome as
for cases 9 and 10.

For test case 15 I don't get why it differs from test case 8.
Similar 16 vs. 9, and 17 vs. 10.  What are "invalid text/plain
characters" with respect to Latin-1, something about C0 or C1 ?

Treating certain case sensitive (sic!) variations of text/plain
or text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1 as erroneous depending on the
actual content is something that should never show up in an RFC,
it is only a hack (apparently designed for a popular Web server).

News from the UTF-7 front, there's a volunteering area director:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.apps-discuss/953>

 Frank