Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

Paul Hoffman wrote:
> For your IDN display technology, Mozilla decides which TLDs have a
> "responsible attitude". Mozilla enforces these rules as a "powerful
> incentive" for TLDs to do as Mozilla wishes.

As are Microsoft's rules - which, sadly, are both different and IMO much
more likely to retard the growth of IDN. But that's another discussion.

> In doing so, Mozilla
> degrades the user experience of TLDs that don't go along with the
> Mozilla rules, such as .com/.net and ccTLDs throughout the world. The
> Mozilla "public suffix list" may prove to be similar.

The difference is that the public suffix list is an (attempt at an)
expression of fact, not policy. If you are concerned that we will
withhold changes or issue known-incorrect lists in order to conduct some
sort of vendetta against a particular TLD, all I can say is "why on
earth would we do that?"

Gerv