Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

Adrien de Croy wrote:
Allow some "safe" cross-site
> cookies?  What happens when it doesn't do that?  Do people even care
> enough about that to live with this solution?

I must admit, I don't see what's wrong with disabling cross-site
cookies entirely.

If two related domains want to transfer credentials, sessions etc.,
there are other mechanisms to do it.

> In the end what will be the deciding factors?  I see users dumping FF3
> when it doesn't work with the websites they know and trust.  I see the
> reviews bemoaning compatibility issues.  Mozilla needs to be careful
> when introducing something like this that can create many compatibility
> issues where the previous version didn't have them.  In the end if some
> large jurisdictions refuse to play along, where does that leave
> Mozilla's users?  Looking for another browser perhaps..  Unless Mozilla
> feels it has too many users, I'd urge caution in that area.

Perhaps the list should be used to implement a warning, easily
overridden per site, like the other cookie dialogs which Mozilla pops
up, rather than a hard block.

As a user I might prefer that.  I already like being able to say
"no thanks" to cookies on sites where I don't see any need.

-- Jamie