Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

Gervase Markham wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be more appropriate for MyBank to _itself_ say the history
> > for these sites should be grouped?  E.g. in an HTTP response header,
> > or DNS record for mybank.co.uk?
>
> The total amount of effort required for this solution is mind-boggling.

How is it more work for them to publish over DNS or HTTP, than to send
you the information to publish, with the associated time lag etc?

You've asked for the same thing: for administrators of certain domains
to provide you with information about independent or related users of
those subdomains.

The only difference that I see, is you're able to include commonly
known information about TLDs like *.com and *.co.uk.  I agree with
that: it's good to collect and publish the info.

For the more obscure ISP-owned domains with independent user
sub-domains, I don't see a difference in work _for them_ between you
putting out a call and collecting the info, and keeping it update as
new ISPs come on line, and the ISPs having a mechanism to publish it
themselves.  Except that the latter will be more accurate, and less
work for you.

-- Jamie