Re: i28 proposed replacement text

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On lör, 2008-05-24 at 09:52 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> With chunked encoding in use, how does the sender of a message indicates
>> an error? (such as when serving a file from the file system, and getting
>> an IO error)
>
> By closing the connection in the middle of the response without sending
> the last-chunk.

Yes, if course (I shouldn't have phrased that as a question).

What I was trying to say is that, when streaming out a response using
chunked encoding, this is the *only* way to signal an error, and

1) should make sure that httpbis still allows it, and

2) potentially point out that this is the only way to do it.

BR, Julian