Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

Very hard to say; people differ widely about the deployment footprint
of proxies, regardless of version. if you can get your hands on a
popular Web site's access logs :), you could look at the Via header's
contents, although some number of proxies will not append it (as
previously discussed).

I would point out that Squid is by far one of the more popular
choices, especially in small ISPs, 2nd- and 3rd- world countries,
etc., and it's still HTTP/1.0 (although 2.7 will have a HTTP/1.1 mode,
and from the testing I've done, it's pretty conformant).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com