Re: NEW ISSUE: message-body in CONNECT response

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> Do you have any information on how clients treat the response if it has
> a Transfer-Encoding or Content-Length header? What if the response is
> not a 2xx one and includes (or lacks) these headers?

I can say for sure that some clients* using CONNECT just check the
response code, and if it's 2xx they read until the first blank line,
then assume what follows is the tunnelled data.  Such implementations
don't parse the headers at all.

* - Not HTTP clients as such, but clients of other protocols which
    have an option to connect through a HTTP proxy using CONNECT.

-- Jamie