Re: New "200 OK" status codes, PATCH & PROPFIND

On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Regarding the new proposed "209 Content Returned" status code.
>
> I think recent discussions show that there is actually a need for two
> new status codes.
>
> 209 Content Retuned

okay, but only if it is forbidden as a response to GET.  There is no
need to make any special reference to Vary or Cache-control -- just
define all fields to be interpreted as if the request method had been
GET.

> 210 Information returned

No way.  That is what Content-Location provides.  We don't need a
Content-Etag header field -- the Etag response header field would
always have the same value.

....Roy