Re: Standardizing Firefox's Implementation of Link Fingerprints

On 7/2/07, Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> standardizing the format of metadata in a URI is bad practice.
> Doing it this way makes the Web much more brittle

That seems valid, but I'm not entirely sure where the cause for
concern originated. Are there example uses of fragment identifiers
that started to show signs of these potential problems? Currently, it
seems like the majority of fragment identifier usage is for text/html,
and there has not been much spreading usage of fragment identifiers
elsewhere.

Ed