Re: Etag-on-write, draft -04

Just one question from all this conversation I just caught up on
(didn't realize Wilfredo had posted to the main list).

If a server doesn't return an ETag at all in response to PUT , isn't
the client likely to assume that the server wants it to use the Last-
Modified value instead?  In which case today's clients will all
assume they already have the content (what they PUT)  and never
download what the server actually stored.

Lisa