Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> The only thing that should be changed at this point is 14.14:
>
>    The value of Content-Location also defines the base URI for the
>    entity.
>
> s/also defines/does not define/;

Actually, that can't be done either because Content-Location is a
MIME header field and its meaning for MIME parts and RTSP is applicable
regardless of the current behavior of browsers.

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2557
    http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2557/Output/chapter4.html

I think the browser vendors should put a little more effort into
deploying the feature.  For example, by selectively disabling it for
specific servers based on run-time testable behavior and
reporting the errors when found so that the owner can fix them.
It is, after all, a detectable error that can be worked around.
It could even be a configurable option wherein content-location
would only be used if the base URI is unknown or if the option is set.

....Roy