Re: ETags vs Variants, was: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

I think you guys are too quick to state that Squid and Apache define
the entire HTTP world.  There are a lot of load balancers, switches,
content delivery networks, etc. out there that make use of these
features and continue to improve their support over time.