Re: ETags vs Variants, was: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

I wouldn't want to deprecate a feature that was useful (although the
fact that it is used isn't necessarily proof it's useful if it's only
servers that use it).  I appreciate discussion on whether it's too
useful to deprecate.

Does anybody have counter-examples of clients handling Vary properly
and sites benefiting from that?

thanks,
Lisa