Etag-on-write, 4rd attempt (== IETF draft 03), was: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-http-etag-on-write-03.txt

Hi,

(see below for the announcement, and
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-etag-on-write-03.html>
for an HTML version).

The only feedback that I got for draft 03 was another comment about the
importance of extensibility; even when not required in the first phase.

Thus I made a single change to the definition of the new header in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-etag-on-write-03.html#rfc.section.4>,
clarifying what the extension point is (new tokens defined in addition
of "identity" and "unspecified"), and how recipients need to treat them.

As mentioned when draft 03 came out
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2006OctDec/0000.html>),
  I will now do an informal four-week Last Call over here (ending Nov
20), and submit the draft for publication as Experimental Standard to
the RFC-Editor then.

Best regards, Julian