Re: I-D ACTION:draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-00.txt

See below the announcement of draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-00.

We've heard that many implementers would like to see a revision of
RFC2616. To facilitate that, we've created a version of it using
xml2rfc, so that people can verify that it's equivalent, and therefore
suitable as a base for further work.

Apart from minor formatting changes, it should not contain any
significant changes to the original spec text. We have posted diffs at
<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis-00-from-rfc2616.diff.html>
for review.

Also, it has been brought to our attention that we neglected to mark
ourselves as editors in this draft, and that the original authors of the
specification aren't noted as prominently in the back section as they
should be. We apologize for this, and will attempt to correct this in
the next draft (within the limitations of the IETF ID format).

Best regards,

Julian & Yves