Re: [Ietf-caldav] Last Call comment on Etag requirements in draft-dusseault-caldav-12

   Not really, no.

   HTTP defines ETag.  An HTTP server should be able to use the same
ETag logic on all HTTP resources, and not treat ETags for calendar
resources differently than others.  Not all users of ETags are going
to be aware that calendar resources are special.

   My concern is that if there is *any* inconsistency between the
general solution when it comes and CalDAV's, that an implementor may
have to choose between being compliant with CalDAV or the more
general ETag spec, or may have to continue to implement special
semantics on calendar resources for purposes which are better served
by the other spec.

   I realize that "the other spec" doesn't exist today, and that this
is a total drag.  Can't we take your one paragraph and put it into
its own document?  I don't know IETF process very well, so I don't
know what the next steps should be, but as an implementor, I'm
uncomfortable with the prospect of dealing with two independently
written specifications for the same behavior.

	-wsv