Re: PATCH thoughts...

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> It can't be added without core modifications, unfortunately -- it is
> a required-to-understand header, otherwise the server would ignore
> it and do something the client didn't want to do.

Good point. I guess you are being bitten by the HTTP inability to
specify required-to-understand extensions without negotiation.

One way to "solve" the problem without modifying your core is to
require compliance with the HTTP extensions RFC 2774 or equivalent.
That way others can add Source-to-Patch, Patch-Source, and many other
headers without modifying the PATCH core.

Alex.