RE: Proxy and HTTP protocol versions

Proxy-Connection is not HTTP standard. It is generally used by HTTP/1.0 to
distinguish between the connection of the proxy to the client and the proxy to
the server.

Making a simple proxy might be harder than you expect:
Just ensure this:
* Each request requires a new connection. This will solve some problems for you.

To do this you must ensure you send:
* Connection: Close
upstream and downstream (HTTP/1.1)

For compatibility you must send
* Proxy-connection: Close
downstream (unless communicating with a upstream proxy).

Generally I would recommend to get all this connection-specific stuff out of the
way:
Replace "Connection" with above upstream and downstream.
Also you should remove "Proxy-*" from the request upstream.
  Might want to consider Proxy-Authentication, etc...

Note that when any client closes the connection, the other one should be closed
also.

- Joris