Re: Content-Type: text/x-hdml; charset=Shift_JIS

Sadiq_Js wrote:

> If i get a response Content-Type from the proxy as "Content-Type:
>text/x-hdml; charset=Shift_JIS", then IE and Netscape browser opens the
>"save as" window to same the file, could you please tell me what is the
>meaning of the character set "Shift_JIS"

Does your web browser support the text/x-hdml data type? That is
normally for
cell phones.

Shift_JIS is a type of japanese, see:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets:

Name: Shift_JIS  (preferred MIME name)
MIBenum: 17
Source: This charset is an extension of csHalfWidthKatakana by
        adding graphic characters in JIS X 0208.  The CCS's are
        JIS X0201:1997 and JIS X0208:1997.  The
        complete definition is shown in Appendix 1 of JIS
        X0208:1997.
        This charset can be used for the top-level media type "text".
Alias: MS_Kanji
Alias: csShiftJIS

If your web browser do not have the japanese fonts, you ought to get
a question if you want to download that font or try to show it anyway.

/robo