Re: mistake in section 8.1.2 of RFC2616?

Pierre Phaneuf <pphaneuf@nit.ca> writes:

> In section 8.1.2, you can read the following:
>
> > Once a close has been signaled, the client MUST NOT send any more
> > requests on that connection.
>
> Is it just me, or that "MUST NOT" would forbid pipelining? A pipelining
> client MAY send more requests, but they will be ignored by the server and
> it should be prepared to that possibility (section 8.1.2.2 mentions that a
> client MUST be prepared to the server closing the connection before it
> handled them all).

It doesn't forbid it, but it makes some additional work for the
client:

  8.1.2.2 Pipelining

     [...] Clients MUST also be prepared to resend their requests if
     the server closes the connection before sending all of the
     corresponding responses.

--
Scott Lawrence
  Actively seeking work