Re: content-type header

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Keith Wannamaker wrote:

> I have seen a discrepancy in server implementations on
> spacing in the the content-type header.
>
> The example in 2616, 14.17 includes a space between
> the ';' and the parameter, while the grammers in
> 3.6 and 3.7 don't seem to allow this.
>
> Is there some implied whitespace rule here, or should
> there be no space in the 14.17 example?

section 2.1:

   implied *LWS
      The grammar described by this specification is word-based. Except
      where noted otherwise, linear white space (LWS) can be included
      between any two adjacent words (token or quoted-string), and
      between adjacent words and separators, without changing the
      interpretation of a field. At least one delimiter (LWS and/or
      separators) MUST exist between any two tokens (for the definition
      of "token" below), since they would otherwise be interpreted as a
      single token.