RE: doubt regarding http 1.1

Why not use it? It provided a way to keep the connection open.

You can try Tranfer-Encoding: identify
see RFC2616 par. 14.41

There is also something with TE (par. 14.39).

Note that Apache will need to cache the response before transmitting it, to
demitrade the length. I don't know wether they do or support that (probably
they do). It requires only an enormous ammount of overhead on the server,
not caused with chunked transfers. So why not use these, it's simple to
build some support for that.

Before to forget, RFC2616 lists enough information in the sections with
tranfer-codings and such....

Have fun...

- Joris