Re: Conformance Test for HTTP 1.1

Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM wrote:

> MAYs are untestable, by definition  Since MAY is semantically equivalent to
> MAY NOT, there is no way to test the hypothesis that an implementation
> conforms to the statement.
>
> SHOULDs are also untestable by definition, since an application is allowed

But it can be useful to know which choices your server makes.  For example, if
have an HTTP client application that requires Digest-Authentication, then, as
far as I'm concerned, that MAY becomes a MUST.

(I make no comment on whether the IETF should get involved.  :-)

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|