Re: Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1 draft available

Ben Laurie wrote:

> Scott Lawrence wrote:
> > In any event, separate ports are orthogonal to separate processes; one does
> > not imply or require the other.
>
> I think the point is the reverse one: a single port requires a single
> process (or at least a family of related processes). I cannot run two
> different pieces of software on one port _and_ get reasonable
> performance

It's possible on most Unices, where you can pass file descriptors from one
process to another.  They need to cooperate, though, and the receiving process
has to trust the sending process not to play man-in-the-middle games.

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |