Sender: hniksic@public.srce.hr
To: Drazen Kacar <dave@fly.cc.fer.hr>
Subject: [Simon Munton <simonm@m4data.co.uk>] RE: wget 1.5.3 on Windows 98/NT, using MSVC 6
From: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr>
Date: 25 Sep 1998 13:58:06 +0200

From: Simon Munton <simonm@m4data.co.uk>
To: "'Hrvoje Niksic'" <hniksic@srce.hr>
Subject: RE: wget 1.5.3 on Windows 98/NT, using MSVC 6
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:12:31 +0100

What seems to happen is this: part way through the download, there is an
error,
eg timeout, and it seems that in addition MS proxy server sends a text
string that gets put
on the end of the downloaded file. Something like:
		 "HTTP Proxy error: Connection timed out".

When wget retries, this error message gets left embedded in the
downloaded file.
So the final file looks like:

<-------Good Data--------><---HTTP Proxy error message----><-------Good
data---->

Hope this makes sense. If you'd like me to try and find out more
specific details
of what's going on, let me know.

Simon Munton				simonm@m4data.co.uk
M4 Data Ltd				Tel: 44-1749-679222
Mendip court, Bath Rd, Wells			Fax: 44-1749-673928
Somerset, BA5 3DG, England

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.