RE: ISSUE: Protection space

Maybe. See next comment.

  I'm not concerned with
> absolute URLs.  For them the protected set of URLs is obvious.

I think of two kinds of "relative URLs"  -- "dir/foo.html" and
"/dir/foo.html". The latter is relative to (e.g.) http://www.xxx.com, the
former to the URL of page in which it appears (typically). I don't think the
former belong in a domain list.

> Here's the wording at issue (Sect. 3.2.1):
> If a URI is relative, it is relative to [the] canonical root
> URL of the
> server being accessed.
>
> My notion of a relative URL is one that does not begin with '/'.  For
> such a URL, wouldn't it make sense to give them an implicit
> '/' prefix?

How about I say that URI in "domain=URI..." must be an "http_UTL" or
"abs_path" as defined in section 3.2.2 of the HTTP/1.1 spec?
The former is the usual "http://www.xxx.com:port/dir/foo.html" type; the
latter is "/dir/foo.html".

Paul