Re: proposed solution for CONTENT-LENGTH

Jeffrey Mogul wrote:
> Change
>          2. If a Transfer-Encoding header field (section 14.40) is
>          present and indicates that the "chunked" transfer coding has
>          been applied, then the length is defined by the chunked
>          encoding (section 3.6).
>          2. If a Transfer-Encoding header field (section 14.40) is
>          present and indicates that any non-identity transfer
>          coding has been applied, then the transfer-length is defined
>          by use of the "chunked" transfer coding (section 3.6),
>          unless the message is terminated by closing the connection.

This confused me ... "indicates that any non-identity transfer coding
has been applied" suggests that there is more than one identity transfer
encoding but my understanding is that there is not. Would it not be
clearer to say:

          2. If a Transfer-Encoding header field (section 14.40) is
          present and has any value other than "identity", then
the           transfer-length is defined
          by use of the "chunked" transfer coding (section 3.6),
          unless the message is terminated by closing the connection.

Cheers,

Ben.