Re: Proposal for new HTTP 1.1 authentication scheme

John Franks wrote:
> [...]
> Most of the suggestions by Paul and Dave seem to be clarifications
> of the original intent.  They should not cause problems.
> [...]

I still feel my one objection about proxy-added headers is substantive
and unresolved.  Briefly, an origin server might omit headers that get
figured into the entity-digest calculation.  A proxy might subsequently
add those headers.  The client sees a message *with* the headers,
calculates an entity-digest that figures them in, and gets a different
answer from what the origin server calculated.

Dave Kristol