RE: If-None-Match and IMS (new Issue IMS_INM_MISMATCH)

	Jeff Mogul writes:

> Section 14.26 (If-None-Match) doesn't exactly say "ignored"; it
> contains
> an apparent contradiction, because it says both:
>
>    If any of the entity tags match the entity tag of the entity that
>    would have been returned in the response to a similar GET request
>    (without the If-None-Match header) on that resource, or if "*" is
>    given and any current entity exists for that resource, then the
>    server MUST NOT perform the requested method. [...]
>
> and
>
>    If the request would, without the If-None-Match header field,
> result
>    in anything other than a 2xx status, then the If-None-Match header
>    MUST be ignored.

	There's also the sentence

	If none of the entity tags match, or if "*" is given and no
current
   entity exists, then the server MAY perform the requested method as if
   the If-None-Match header field did not exist.

	Which is what I was referring to when I mentioned treating the
header as if it didn't exist. I like your proposed alterations, we just
need to strike this sentence too.

	Henry