Re: Content negotiation, features, and related items

At 20:38 21/10/97 +0200, Koen Holtman wrote:
>Larry Masinter:
>>
>[...]
>>Here's a status update and proposed direction for the various drafts:
>
>[...]
>
>><draft-ietf-http-feature-reg-02.txt>
>>  Feature Tag Registration Procedures
>>   Koen Holtman, TUE
>>   Andrew Mutz, Hewlett-Packard
>>   July 28, 1997
>>   Target: BCP (covering just registration)
>>   Action: This document includes both the 'registration procedure'
>>     and also the definition of some initial feature tags. These
>>     should be separated. Ted Hardie is working on this.
>
>???  The above document does not define any initial feature tags, so
>there is no need to work on separating them.  Or am I missing
>something obvious here?

I think that was a misinterpretation of something I didn't state very
clearly when I pulled together the document summary information.

What my summary meant was not specific initial feature tags, but the
description of the feature tag structure (name space and data types, etc.).
 This would include some of the material in sections 2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.8 of
your original draft.

GK.
---

Graham Klyne