Weekly Internet HTTP/1.1 Tests

Friday 10 October is coming up soon; is there a comprehensive
requirements summary I have missed?  I remember seeing a proposal, but
it was geared towards getting feedback on the format.  There was not
much discussion, and nothing since.

Does this mean that nothing has happened or that some work is happening
privately and just has not seen the light of day yet?

** Reply to note from "Scott Lawrence" <lawrence@agranat.com> Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:35:52 -0400

>   The response has been encouraging.  I will volunteer to perform the
>   role of registrar, and will send a reminder on Friday, Oct 10th to
>   send in your notice of participation for the first 'test day' on the
>   16th (a number of respondents, including myself, have indicated that
>   mid-October would be a good time for them to start).
>
>   It has been pointed out that server vendors will mostly be passive
>   participants other than testing against thier own and others servers
>   with publically available clients.  If client vendors wish to make
>   available downloadable copies of thier clients, then some of us on
>   the server side will certainly take advantage of that to help you
>   test your clients.
>
>   To repeat; I will be asking for you to send in the following, filled
>   in so that other participants will know who is out there to test
>   with.  Also, again - please suggest improvements to any part of this
>   plan.
>
>   ================

>     User-Agent or Server string: (may be approximate)
>
>     HTTP Role: [origin, proxy, tunnel, client, robot, ...]
>
>     HTTP Version: (versions earlier than 1.1 _will_ be usefull)
>
>     Address: (DNS host names and/or IP addresses for the HTTP
>               implementation)
>
>     Time: (GMT times the system will be active or available)
>
>     Contact Name:  (person to contact with an issue)
>
>     Contact Email:
>
>     Contact Phone:
>
>     Contact Hours: (GMT times the contact is available, should overlap
>                     the span in Time, but may be a subset)
>
>     Notes: other relevant information, possibly including URLs for
>            information on where to find background material.
>
>   Test Day Ground Rules:
>
>     - Participating systems may be configured to allow access only by
>       announced participants for that week.
>
>     - Participants will, on request, make a reasonable effort to
>       provide whatever relevant log or trace data they have to other
>       participants to resolve problems.
>
>     - If a problem or possible issue with another participant
>       implementation is found, that issue will be communicated to the
>       contact for that implementation promptly.  Only if the
>       involved participants disagree on the correct behavior or if
>       the involved participants agree to do so will the issue be
>       brought to the working group mailing list.
>
>     - Any other disclosure of problems found with other
>       implementations during these tests is poor form.
>
>     - Communicating positive results to other participants is
>       strongly encouraged.
>
> --
> Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
> Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/