Re: RE-VERSION

KW> This leads to another question.  Does the proposed OPTIONS probe
KW> actually *work* for an Apache/1.[23]* server acting as proxy?

  I sent probes to www.agranat.com running our 1.1 server via
  www.apache.org (Apache/1.3a2-dev).

    Sent:
        OPTIONS http://www.agranat.com HTTP/1.1
        Host: www.agranat.com
        Connection: close
        Max-Forwards: 0

    Response:
        HTTP/1.0 200 OK
        Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 01:28:12 GMT
        Server: Agranat-EmWeb/R3_0alpha6
        Allow: HEAD, GET, OPTIONS

  it downgrades the request when it passes it on (according to the log
  on our server it received a 1.0 request), and then downgrades the
  response when it is returned.  Here is a direct probe of the same