Re: Unverifiable Transactions / Cookie draft

Koen Holtman wrote:

> The redirection won't be unverifiable if the script which does the counting
> and redirection to the page is on the target site already.
> Yes, if the script is on the site which served the banner.  But I don't see
> this as a big problem.

I see this as a big problem. Many, Many sites are using cookie
technology to
simply rotate banners. (Not necessarily to track user activity, although
this
can be a result of the same technology.) Many of these sites do not have
access
to place scripts on their servers. You will be depriving a huge number
of people
a functionality that they have been using for a while.

The bigger entities will be able to place programs on their servers to
implement
central ad serving and duplicate all of the features that cookies
provide.
(including abusing the privacy issues) While the smaller entities will
be given
a burden of not being able to use central ad serving techniques.

Some Network examples :
  Networks such as Burst!, Doubleclick, Web Rep, etc

Some Banner Exchange examples :
  Link Exchange,Banner Central, Net On

Some Banner Serving Services :
  Focallink, GlobalTrak