Re: A broken browser

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> Bad software design :-(.  Caring for the user is a good thing, but not
> allowing the user to care for him/herself is not a good thing.
> [Microsoft] should fix it, we shouldn't fix the servers for them.

I guess this is the issue that's concerned me most in this thread.  I agree
that the spec should not be revised simply to circumnavigate browser bugs.
But I also feel the spec should be flexible enough to allow server authors
or maintainers to work around as many browser bugs as possible.  Shouldn't
we make it possible for server authors and maintainers to be as liberal in
what they accept as _they_ feel is appropriate?

Marc Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>