RE: HTTP meeting summary

A small suggestion -- copy all the "not in 1.1" entries to the bottom,
so that the ones that need work are easier to focus on.
----------
] From: Larry Masinter  <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
] To:  <"http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com">;
] <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
] Subject: HTTP meeting summary
] Date: Saturday, March 09, 1996 12:06AM
]
] The area directors want a summary of the meeting before the week's
] end. This is what I sent them (I'd cc'd http-wg but mistyped the
] mailing list address.)
]
] Hopefully we'll get the minutes out by the end of next week, including
] minutes of the Thursday afternoon session.
]
] ================================================================
]
] HTTP/1.0 has been submitted to become an Informational RFC. We are
] focusing on getting a proposed standard for a new version of HTTP with
] an aggressive schedule: submission of a Proposed Standard by May 1.
] This schedule will mean dropping some issues and features in this
] first standards-track version and considering them for standardization
] in a subsequent version. Of top priority are those fixes that will
] help relieve HTTP-caused Internet congestion: host identification,
] caching, persistent connections.
]
] We had formed a number of subgroups to evaluate the HTTP/1.1 draft.
] In our two originally scheduled meetings, we reviewed the subgroup's
] conclusions and open issues, in the areas of caching, persistent
] connections, content negotiation, state management, range retrieval,
] authentication, extension methods, and extension methods.  In
] addition, we also had a lively and productive interaction with the WTS
] members where HTTP security work is proceeding, and a third meeting on
] Thursday to triage our task list and assign ownership:
]
]    http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/http-wg.html
]
] Jim Gettys is now the lead editor.