Draft cutoff date...

Some of you may be thinking...  Why do we have to get a draft in
tomorrow, when the cutoff for ID's for Montreal is Thursday next week?

Good Question; I thought the cutoff was tomorrow.

However, there are two points you should keep in mind...

1) your editor (me) has a week of all day meetings scheduled next week
(Ugh...).  This makes it pretty hard to issue another draft before
the cutoff.  In fact, it makes it essentially impossible.  And if
you think I'm going to face a week of all day meetings without a
weekend off, after no weekend last weekend, you have another think
coming.

2) there are various latencies of IESG action, at least one of which,
if memory serves, is 2 weeks in the ID directory before it can be
moved to proposed standard.  So if we don't get a draft in immediately,
we essentially lose any chance of getting to proposed standard by
the IETF meeting, something that is near and dear to the IESG, your
area directors, your working group chair, and your editor (me).

So despite the dates below, the reality is tomorrow.  The most
this means is maybe later than 5:pm, but tomorrow is it.
			- Jim