Re: cookie draft available

At 02:51 PM 4/21/96 -0700, M. Hedlund wrote:
>My argument was that no one would be happy if an OS started wiping out
>preferences files when some internal limit was reached; nor should we
>specify that cookies be wiped out just because some magic number is
>reached.

But this is totally an implmentation issue.  If someone sells a PDA that
only stores 3 cookies, they're going to get burned in the market.  There's
no need for protocol designers to tell PDA vendors how to build their systems.

But, assuming we're going to mention it anyway, I think a SHOULD is more
appropriate that a MUST.

-----
the Programmer formerly known as Dan
                                     http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/