Re: Host: vs. Orig-URI: w/ %%

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> wrote:

  > The value should be the original value in the URL before any translation
  > whether it is the Orig-URI or the Host approach. Sending the URL through a
  > proxy is a translation which should not reflect the value. That is:
  >
  > >    GET http://host.dom/path.stuff HTTP/1.1
  > >    Orig-URI: http://host.dom/%%
  >
  > will do just fine. However I would prefer the following syntax of the Orig-URI:
  >
  > 	GET http://host.dom/path.stuff HTTP/1.1

I believe that's what Dave Morris originally said.  In short, the
Orig-URI header should be the full URL selected by the user agent.  And
%% stands for what the origin server would see as the URL in the
request.  So if there are parameters and a fragment, the Orig-URI
header would be as you show.

Dave Kristol